Child custody is the legal guardianship under which a child is placed either by natural parenthood or a court order to have a child in a certain adult’s care as in the cases of adoption, deceased, or divorced parents. The custody of the child is determined by several major factors such as the type of that custody, primary decision-maker, and other factors and preferences that influence the custody decision. The Law Office of Joyce Holcomb specializes in such family law cases. They have helped a lot of worried and frustrated parents and helped them with their custody struggles.
Types of Custody
1. Legal Custody – Gives a guardian the right to make long-term decisions regarding a child’s interest or welfare.
2. Physical Custody – This custody is awarded to one party who will primarily live with the child.
3. Sole Custody – Is given to a preferred party due to the other’s inability to properly care for the child.
4. Joint Custody – Where the guardians of the child both come to an agreement of ways through which they will both share the custody of the child.
5. Grandparents Custody or Visitation- Grandparents may seek the custody of a child if they feel it is in that child’s best interests.
Directions To Our San Bernardino, CA, Family attorney law Firm
Law Office of Joyce Holcomb
Posted in: Legal